Purchasing a glass cutter machine is a big decision. A business owner, or hobbyist does not want to be wrong on a $ 2,500 purchase. Money is tight for most frame shops, hardware stores, re-modelers, window manufacturers, repair and maintenance departments.
When you see a machine that is about one-third the cost of the historically popular Fletcher machine, you are right to scratch your head and do some research. Get on the forums, call your friends and competitors and ask them how they have liked their Onyx 90 glass cutter machine. You will find that the overwhelming majority of Onyx 90 users are very happy.
Here is a list of some of the features and benefits of the Onyx 90:
- Cuts mat board, foam board, glass, plastic, coroplast, and more.
- Purchase one versatile machine to handle all your media cutting needs.
- Cuts PVC foam board, used in the sign industry, much more quickly than the "old fashioned" manual way.
- Easily cuts a sandwich of media up to 5/8 "thick. This makes it easy to downsize that sandwich to fit a particular size.
- Cuts all commercially available media sizes. Buy boards in larger sizes and save. Cuts 60 "in the vertical, and is essentially unlimited in the horizontal dimension.
- Work in the measurement system in which you are accredited. Measurements in inches and millimeters
- Stop ruining mount board, foam board, etc., because they slip and move as you cut them. The built-in media clamp holds the media without any creep. By the way, the media clamp is not used when cutting glass.
- Measure once and cut many copies using the production stop. The production stop is included at no extra charge.
- You need to change the carbide cutter, but you do not know where you put the refills? Not with the Onyx 90. The supplied turret wheel comes with 6-carbide wheels for glass cutting to make thousands of cuts. When one of the wheels wears out, simply rotate to a new one of the 6 carbide wheels on the turret.
- Make thousands of plexiglas cuts with the included carbide plastic cutter tool. When the cutter tool gets dull, simply rotate the cutter in the holder for another couple thousand cuts. This saves time and frustration.
- The razor cutting blades will dull after many cuts. We supply you with 100 razor cutting blades to make the Onyx 90 ready for many, many cutting jobs before you need to order more.
- Part of the cost of purchasing a machine is getting it shipped to your home or business. If the machine must come by motor freight, plan on spending more than you two to three hundred dollars … depending on your location. The Onyx 90 is FedEx / UPS shippable! It is much less expensive than motor freight. You save about 50% on delivery cost.
- Machines that are in the field look like new. They are constructed of anodized aluminum and stainless steel for strength, appearance, and long-lasting use.
- The Onyx 90 is engineered to last a life time. Buy it once and use it for your long career – then sell it when you retire.
- Part of the creative design is the use of oil impregnated bronze bearings. These bearings will protect the aluminum to steel interfaces from wearing out over the many years of service.
- When steel comes in contact with concrete or brick, it will corrode and ever weak over time. Because we use stainless steel wall mounting brackets, you can be assured that the mount will not corrode and weakened when mounted on a concrete or brick wall.
- Changing tools is a real time waster. We have the fastest tool changing in the industry, saving time, money, and frustration.
- Making sliding parts move smoothly is an art … especially when you can not use oil. The UHMWP bushings allows your slide to remain accurate, tight and smooth for a life-time without oil.
- Even if something should probably go wrong, you are protected with a 5-year warranty. The company that manufactures the Onyx 90 has been in the business over 35 years.
- We are proud to say that it is "Made in the USA"
How can the Onyx 90 glass cutter be a better machine and cost two-thirds less money? This is one of the major problems the Onyx 90 has. People have been thinking that if it costs more, it must be better. In many cases, this is true, but in this case, it is not true.
Here is the way to look at it that may help you to understand how it is done. The cost of a machine, any machine, is made up of many components. Some of the most obvious components are the cost of the materials, the manufacturing costs, the advertising costs, and the overhead costs of the owners, the president, vice-presidents, line managers, human resources department and so on.
The company that manufactures the Onyx 90 in North Carolina does not have vice-presidents, human resource departments, line managers and other overhead costs. They pass along those cost savings to their customers. By the way, they have been in business for over forty years, and have been selling the Onyx 90 for many of those years.
Why would anyone pay that much for a machine made outside the United States, when you can have a better machine that only costs $ 799.00? Yes, the Fletcher machine is made outside the United States.
Be careful, do not be duped by a high price. Just because a machine costs more, does not mean that it is a better machine. The Onyx 90 has been on the market for many years, and the machine has been performing outstandingly well. Check it out before you make an expensive mistake and buy a machine based on its high price.
Source by Richard Day